Friday, January 20, 2012

NYMMA'S Asst. Coach

  The ufc is one of my favorite things to watch. MMA is not only violent and exciting but its also very technical and surprising.  MMA has been interesting to me since I first watched it. But at first I really didn’t understand everything that was going on. A lot of the things the announcers would say were things I didn’t understand. I didn’t know what the difference between the guard and a half guard. But when I started learning mma all those things seemed simple.

 I first started to learn mma when my last wrestling season finished. It was febuary in my seinor year of high school. My season ended with a third place medal in divisionals. I could’ve done better, I should’ve done better but that’s the way it ended up. That year they decided that third place didn’t get to go to the city championship. So I was done that Saturday.3 years of wrestling taking over my life months at a time was over. It was a crazy feeling, it was good at first because I had no practice the next Monday and I could finaly eat like a normal human being. But that good feeling ended in a few hours because I wasn’t happy with third place.
 I was pretty good at wrestling and after one day of not being a wrestler me and one of my friends looked up a gym to go to. That Monday we went to ny-mma and signed up. In a few months we knew about all types of submissions and all types of moves. Wrestling made some things easier to learn, like certain takedowns. But other things were harder to get used to, like not going to my stomach when I fall. But it was something I got used to.
After all that watching the ufc was different, better. I understand whats going on all the time. I understand what everyone is doing and why their doing that. It really makes watching it more enjoyable. Not only is learning mma a good workout but it teaches you to enjoy things you already like even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment